Buying curtains and drapes can feel pretty daunting, considering the immense variety of choices one could potentially find in the market. If not careful, your curtain choices could even ruin the look and feel of your living room. Here are some of the obvious but often missed factors while purchasing curtains for your dream home.
Ready-made or Custom-made
Considering readymade curtains or blinds to custom made is totally dependent on the type of windows and the kind of look you want for your living space.
1. While readymade curtains can be bought and installed without hassle, they usually come in limited sizes and choices. For specially designed rooms, readymade curtains and blinds look out of place when compared to well-thought custom curtains and blinds.
2. Readymade curtains and blinds are often no match for their made-to-measure counterparts thanks to their superior stitch quality, personalized design, and precise dimensions.
3. One other benefit for using custom-made curtains and blinds is the greener choice; readymade curtain materials are usually mass-produced while custom fabrics are often made to order. So going for custom-made fabric puts a reduced burden on the environment in general.
Our team at Al Nibras loves to help customers simplify their curtain choices from the seemingly infinite number of fabric, color, and other choices. As you’ll see, there are other considerations too when it comes to selecting a long-lasting curtain for your living space.
The choice of fabric
Beyond the obvious aesthetic, curtains and blinds serve several behind-the-scene protection for the living space within.
1. While you can get them in an infinite array of colors, curtains or blinds made of wool are really sound absorbent. This could keep your room silent from external noise.
2. Cotton curtains are great for rough use and easy to clean, making them a great choice for rooms with the most people interaction – the main hall or kids room.
3. Blinds made of silk are known for their high heat insulation properties, with unique hexagonal meshing that keeps living rooms warm during winters and cools during hot summers.
The type of cleaning
While considering the longevity of your carefully selected curtains and blinds, the cleaning method employed for each type of curtain fabric is quite important as well.
1. High-quality fabric usually needs dry cleaning to keep its stitches and color intact. Often, living rooms and bedrooms feature top-quality curtains, so it’s important that they not be machine washed.
2. Fabrics like cotton and other synthetic materials are machine washable, making them a perfect option for rough use. Perfect for homes with little children and dusty exteriors, washable fabrics fare longer with minimal damage.
It’s best to ask your curtain seller to know the optimum gap between machine washes or dry cleaning of curtains for maximum longevity.
Color and shade of curtains
You may already have a base color in mind when you shop for curtains. But before you set your choices just on looks, it’s worth knowing how colors define the overall feel and comfort of your living area.
1. The amount of natural light in your room can be a deciding factor for choosing curtain colors for your rooms. While warmer colors are preferable for north-facing rooms, cooler colors suit well for south-facing rooms.
2. When considering summer months with maximum sunlight, it’s preferable to have a blackout lining for curtains and blinds to block out sunlight entirely. This can be ignored if the place you live is generally cool.
3. As a rule of thumb, lighter colors are preferred for rooms that get maximum sunlight due to their reflective properties. Darker colors retain more heat and are much preferred in places that require a steady internal temperature.
You now know how colors have way more function than just visual appeal. At Al Nibras, we provide an extensive variety of color and fabric choices that fit your room’s look and feel.
Curtain consultants over random purchases
By now you have seen some of the prime considerations that go into buying curtains and drapes for your room. It is now safe to say that getting the perfect curtain material takes effort.
1. While it’s okay to shop curtains yourselves, often the proper feel for each room would require different materials, colors, or types of curtain altogether. Thus, shopping for curtains is considered effective when you are revamping a single room.
2. Curtain consultants are helpful if you are either considering a complete overhaul of your existing home or planning a custom style for your rooms. With a clear understanding of the measurements and the effective insulation each room requires, consultants could advise the best option from an infinite number of possibilities.
We ensure all our customers have a stress-free experience while they buy perfect curtains and drapes for their homes. It’s to this effort that we give extensive consultation to educate them about the choices they may have overlooked or previously unknown.
Cost of Curtains
Curtain materials and installation are two key areas you may have to take into account while considering your budget for purchasing curtains.
1. Figure out the rooms that require the more luxurious options in curtain material. Kids’ room and study may only require a suitable color to match the room. it’s always best to reserve high-end curtain materials for living rooms or guest areas.
2. Buying and curtains yourself will save you a lot of money but will cost a lot of time and effort in getting the right choice and installing them properly on windows. Consultants on the other hand could come to your home, take measurements, and install curtains for you in half the time.
No matter your choice, buying curtains, drapes, and other window treatment is an interesting experience, considering the huge range of options and varieties you may encounter in the process.
Being one of the top curtain sellers and installers in Dubai, we at Al Nibras love to hear from our customers and create uniquely designed rooms with the right window treatment that’s budget-friendly and eye-pleasing.
We have also taken steps to ensure that only healthy staff are on duty and we monitor their health while at work.